~Prayer For You~

Last night I heard a prayer, Pleading for you from a heart, That wanted your pain washed away, Didn't want you to be torn apart. She asked me to make you feel whole again, To take my love and draw near to you. You think that nobody cares, But last night, I heard a prayer for you.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

YP's Formal Dinner..& Volleyball

So I went down to the dinner in Ancaster not knowing really to expect.
I knew some of the people there. Not too many were at my table unfortunately :(
Oh well. I saw Jen and Carrie who I met at the Sheffield Conference and talked to them for a little while. We talked such random talk. lol. Talked about upcoming events like the Woodstock conf. and then they said something about the ST. Thomas New Years festivities. I said that I was sick on New Year's Eve with the flu and then I didn't work. Then we randomly started talking about getting sick and if or not to get the flu shot. From there we talked about "spleens" Yeah talk about random.. I said that I didn't have one anymore since I had a cyst in mine a few summers back and had it removed in December of 2005( I think it was that year..) (I have a horrible memory as you will be able to tell when you see the pictures)
Jen said that her brother had the same thing happen to him..with a cyst and had his spleen removed.
After the dinner, I went back to my sister and brother-in-law's place and spent the night. Then today I went and watched their volleyball tournament. I was kind of tired since I couldn't fall asleep right away and the bed didn't feel like "mine" I have at home. Anyway..I saw a few people I knew... like Ashely...who I haven't seen in a looooooooong time. I think the Dunnville conf was the last time I've seen her in person.. and that was back in May.. back when me and...were together... well thats a differnt story which I'd rather not get into..:S
Then I hung out with Karissa and the St. Thomas people for a bit. Yeah I admit that I am a tag-a-long person.. Sorry everyone, but I felt so alone since I'm from Barrie and the only one from my church/area who comes out to any event and I wanted to make some new friends.
The best part of the day.. was when Scott was on his cell talking to Joel..or he thought he was talking to him.. He was bragging on how well his team was doing and well.. then the phone started to ring while he was talking.. Then he realized he was talking to no1! Haha.. It was something you had to be there for. Anyway I left after my sister's final game. Drove the long 2 hour drive home. Got stuck in some traffic.
Man I can not stand stop and go. It is soooo annoying. You finally start driving then have to step on the brakes to avoid hitting the car infront of you. Anyway.. somehow I managed to get home in 2 hours if not less.. (not that I drive to too fast..)
Well its good to be home again..
Can't wait till the next conference/event..
the lovely napkin at each person's place
Brian Enter videotaping the 2 girls reading
a book at the punch table
The musicians who played just beautifully
Karissa & I
'Matty' and 'Jay'
Jessica & Maria
and again
a very random shot
Sheryl & Lynnette
Bethany & Sheryl
The 2 lovely girls who attended the punch table
Louise talking with Jen...
(1 of the Westy bro's head got in my pic as well)

3 comments:

Karissa said...

hey!!
ya it was defintely fun eh??...the girl who u forgot her name is jessica :P....see u at the woodstock conf!!!!

*kate* said...

Not only have I forgotten her name, but I also forgot just about all the other girls' names at my table..*embarrassed*

Lynnette Feijer said...

hey Katelynn you have some great pics of the formal! It sure was alot of fun and really nice that you were able to come down! Are you coming to Woodstock?